4 action taken against senior TPLF junta leaders 9 were also arrested
Four senior TPLF junta leaders were arrested, and nine were reportedly arrested.
Brigadier General Tesfaye Ayalew, head of the Defense Forces Deployment Department, told ENA that action was taken against several people, including Sekuture Getachew and Zeray Asgedom, and that Saints Kidusan Nega and Dr. Solomon Kidane and others were arrested.
- Secuture, spokesman for the Junta,
- Zeray Asgedom, former manager of Ethiopian Television and Director General of the Broadcasting Authority;
- Abebe Asgedom was the head of the TPLF;
- Brigadier General Tesfaye Ayalew told ENA that Daniel Assefa, the head of the regional finance bureau, was destroyed along with his drivers and bodyguards by the heroic defense force, the federal security forces, the people of Tigray and the interim administration of the region.
In addition, 9 key members of the junta were arrested.
- Mrs. Kidusan Nega, former Speaker of the Regional
- Dr. Solomon Kidane, former Head of the Tigray Regional State Urban Development Bureau and Head of the Addis Ababa City Administration Transport Bureau;
- Mr. Teklewini Assefa, former CEO of Marat.
- Ato Gebremedhin Tewolde was the head of the regional trade bureau.
- Ato Woldegiorgis Desta was the head of the regional road transport bureau.
- Ambassador Abadi Zemu is a former Ethiopian Ambassador to Sudan who joined the Junta political wing.
- Tewodros Hagos was the President of Meles Leadership Academy and the head of the Effort Board.
- Ms. Mercy Teklai was a Legal Adviser to the Regional Council and
- Ato Berhane Adam Mohammed, the head of the region’s property and procurement process, was arrested.
According to Brigadier General, TPLF Junta officials were arrested during a search operation in the forest.
The Defense Forces thanked the entire Ethiopian people for their unwavering support for the elimination and arrest of these key members of the Junta.
He said the army was fulfilling its promise to hunt down the criminals.
Brigadier General Tesfaye assured that the Ethiopian Defense Forces will continue its efforts to hunt down and prosecute the remaining remnants of the junta.
He called on the people to continue their support and participation.
Addis Ababa, November 30/2020( ENA)Prime Minister Abiy Ahmed disclosed the secret mission of the TPLF junta that the group had plotted to assassinate the reformist leaders and abducted including the prime minister himself.
Responding to queries from the parliamentarians, Prime Minister Abiy has been unfolding the challenging course of the national reform since its inception in 2018.
Abiy unveiled that the reformist leadership including the Prime Minister himself were under clear surveillance and siege of the TPLF clique to curtail the on-going inclusive reform in Ethiopia.
The TPLF junta had made great efforts to exterminate, kidnap and intimidate the reformist leadership, he said, adding that “from the onset of the reform, an arrest warrant was issued for us. We were about to be arrested and killed.”
TPLF were said to have been maneuvering to install an individual that would give in to their demands and endorse their ambitions on the next appointed Prime Minister of the country.
The TPLF throughout its existence as a political party and also as a government body has been playing a negative political role domestically.
He recalled that the TPLF clique has been embroiled in 113 incidents of violence that have occurred in various parts of Ethiopia over the last two years.
However, the leadership has showed an extreme patience to take measure against the TPLF junta in order to introduce a new mutual narrative and nation building.
But now, Abiy said, the TPLF’s attack against the northern command post forced the federal government to take law enforcement operation against the defiant clique.
During the session, members of the house condemned the TPLF’s attack on the Northern Command of the national army.
She said Ethiopia’s betrayal of Sudan was against her faith. According to the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, the Ethiopian government…
Welcome to Aradalay. All Latest information about Ethiopia Including News, Politics, Health, Economy, Entertainment, Sport And So Much more. Stay…